Dr. Linda Edwards
“Whenever an answer, a solution, or a creative idea is needed, stop thinking for a moment by focusing attention on your inner energy field. Become aware of the stillness. When you resume thinking, it will be fresh and creative.”
To assist people to reach their potential – to blossom into their best – to self actualize.
Linda provides small business coaching for self-employed people interested in optimal functioning in leadership, creativity, relationships (business, social, family and intimate) and well being, especially women. This involves activities such as pre-marriage coaching for people who want to know how to maintain a good relationship when the honeymoon is over as well as leadership and creativity coaching for self employed people who want to develop their creativity and independent thinking, their skills in motivating themselves and others, or stress coping abilities. See www.DrLindaEdwards.com.au for more details.
Training and Experience:
M. Sc. in physics from Monash University and psychology major from La Trobe University
Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology from Monash University
Ph.D. in psychology from Monash University
Honorary Research Associate in psychology at Monash University for 8 years.
15 years liaising with all levels of management from team leaders to CEOs in both medium-sized Australian businesses and international corporations (manufacturing and distribution) regarding the design, programming and implementation of new computer systems
Counselling since 1976 and training and experience in a wide variety of helping processes relevant to coaching. These include: person-centred counselling, CBT, mindfulness CBT, CBT coaching, ACT coaching, marriage and pre marriage counselling, relationship coaching, Gestalt, Psychodrama, breathwork and bodywork approaches, group leadership, and coaching psychology.
15 years membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) including membership of the College of Counselling Psychologists
10 years membership of the Imago Relationship Therapists Support Group (Vic.)
Member of APS Coaching Psychology Interest Group since it was set up in about 2002.
Member International Society of Coaching Psychologists in 2012.
15 years as a registered psychologist (1997-2012) providing coaching to business owners in a wide range of industries, professions and trades and executives in corporations and coaching and counselling to couples. Please note that Linda is no longer a registered psychologist and no longer provides mental health services.
Author of life coaching and other coaching related articles in both research journals and trade magazines (see www.DrLindaEdwards.com.au )
Internationally published author of an innovative self help book on sale in New York for 12 years.
Displayed independent thinking and leadership throughout her professional career and personal life, especially female leadership:
• first woman to work a lathe at Aeronautical Research Laboratories
• first woman to do experimental physics research at Monash University
• first woman to supervise men at Mobil Oil (Aust.)
• first person to develop Burroughs mainframe computer software that would talk to ‘dumb’ video terminals (back in the batch card processing days)
• one of the first female EDP managers in Australia
• first author of a healthy baking self-help book for dietary restrictions (UK, USA, & Aust).
• one of the first to use qualitative research in psychology to explore how significant lasting positive personal change happens outside of therapy
• obtained one of the first transpersonal psychology Ph.D.s from a major Australian University
• first national secretary of the Australian Psychological Society Transpersonal Psychology Interest Group
• taught meditation, mindfulness and the Buddhist principles behind ACT before they were accepted in the psychology profession or the wider community (1980s)
• adapted existing self help approaches to create a self help tool which has been observed to be useful for many coaching clients
0431 866 069